Last several days I was not very productive in tatting. Well, I tatted a lot but there is just nothing to show.
First of all, I tried another thread for my Hibiscus pattern, named Rose (I don't know why but a set of threads popular in Russia have floral names). On the photo it is left:
Hibiscus gave me a funny idea, that I have been trying to implement for last several days. There is a pretty thing in Math - tiling with regular polygons. I'm sure, that pictures here and here will explain this idea much better than any of my explanations. So, I decided to make very simple one-shuttle pattern that will present different regular polygons with slight modifications. Here is the first attempt (motif #7):
N (picot or join to the previous ring) 2 - 4 - 4 - 2 (picot or join to the next ring) N
The pattern is finished with lock join to the base of first ring.
Well, it seems to me, that these little motifs look fine. However, when I tried to connect such motifs into one of these tilings I couldn't! It took two unsuccessful attempts to understand that the length of one ring (e.g. 4 + 2 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 4 = 20 for square motif) doesn't equal to that one it should be (4 * 6 = 24), so the actual lengths of polygon's sides are different.
Now, when I know this, I work on another version of Simple Polygons, as I call them. Hopefully the third attempt will be better.